There are many top affiliate programs on the Internet and one of the pioneers and most popular is Amazon.com’s associate program.
Amazon.com is one of the most trafficked websites in the world where millions of dollars are spent every day on a vast and diverse range of goods. If you’re looking to promote physical products, there’s no better place to start. But it’s not only the range that makes Amazon so popular with associates. Here are just some of the reasons that help position it as a top affiliate program.
Amazon Affiliate Program Benefits
- The name speaks for itself. I’ve already mentioned how popular Amazon is. Chances are you spend just as much money as I do on Amazon products. Virtually every imaginable quality consumer product on the market is sold on Amazon. I am constantly creating new niche websites, and each site is geared towards different types of products. Since Amazon sells pretty much any product I could think of wanting to promote, I only need one affiliate account to manage ALL of my websites. That’s so much easier than signing up for, say, 5 different affiliate programs.
- Consumers trust Amazon. Having a globally recognized brand such as Amazon builds my credibility, particularly when promoting new niche sites. Once a consumer sees the Amazon label, they know they can trust the seller. One of the biggest problems new website owners have is establishing credibility and trust in the minds of their visitors. Because the Amazon label provides instant recognition and familiarity, my visitors have no fear of making purchases via my site.
- Low return rates. If you’ve been around Affiliate Marketing long enough, you know how frustrating it can be when a customer returns a product or cancels a service. You lose out on the commission. Very rarely do I ever have a customer return a product. Why? Because Amazon products are so reliable and they always know exactly what they are buying.
- Easy to use. Once you sign-up for the Amazon Affiliate program, you will be given everything you need to succeed. It’s simple to learn about the products and place the affiliate links on your site. It’s also easy to track your commissions and you will always know when and how much you’re going to get paid.
Amazon Affiliate Program Downsides
- Better for United States based affiliate marketers. Don’t get me wrong, non-US based individuals can have success with Amazon. But the payment processing tends to be a major pain for those outside the country. Should you be located in other countries and wish to receive a check, it can take nearly a month to get to you. They do not offer wire transfers at this time, unfortunately (maybe that will change soon).
- So-so commission rates. The commission structure for Amazon’s Affiliate program is okay, but it’s not great. Compared to many other programs, the commission rate is lower. But the increase in number of buyers more than makes up for it. Still, I would like to see Amazon give us more per purchase.
- The only other potential downside I’d mention is Amazon’s 24-hour cookie. The cookie is a piece of data stored on your visitor’s browser that’s used by Amazon to identify your sale. However, it expires 24 hours after the visitor leaves your site, so you’ll have to rely on a purchase within that time frame.
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of the Amazon Affiliate Marketing program. Our expert team has a wealth of experience in building Amazon review sites. Why not give us a try and let us create your successful Amazon site?
We’ll have you up and running and making Amazon sales in next to no time.